|Ponzi / Fraud
Razorback Funding, LLC, et al v. Scott Rothstein, et al
Noble Trust Co. / State of New Hampshire
Spear & Jackson, Inc.
Bayside Venturees, LLC
SEC v. Creative Capital Consortium
SEC v. A.B. Financing & Investment
Lancer Offshore Receivership
Consultant to SEC, FTC and Federal Court Appointed Receiver/Trustee
RAZORBACK FUNDING, LLC, ET AL V. SCOTT ROTHSTEIN, ET AL
Kapila & Company was retained as Litigation Consultants and forensic experts to the Plaintiffs and their Counsel in their suit to recover millions of dollars from the defendants, including several hedge funds, Gibraltar Bank and TD Bank. Soneet Kapila provided expert testimony relating to the $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme orchestrated by Scott Rothstein. The plaintiffs were successful in settling the case with the banks for significant amounts.
NOBLE TRUST CO. / STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Kapila & Company was retained as consultants to assist the Office of the Liquidator for Noble Trust Company ("Noble"), a New Hampshire non-depository banking institution in connection with the investigation and liquidation of Noble. Soneet Kapila provided expert testimony as to the Ponzi scheme.
SPEAR & JACKSON,
Soneet R. Kapila was appointed as Corporate Monitor by the Securities and Exchange
Commission and Federal District Court to oversee and monitor the business operations
of this international company.
BAYSIDE VENTURES, LLC
Soneet R. Kapila was appointed as “Liquidator” for four hedge fund LLC’s to marshal and administer the assets of these funds for investors. His scope includes a forensic investigation of the historical transactions to trace assets and an orderly liquidation of all assets.
Soneet R. Kapila was appointed by the S.E.C. and Federal District Court
as the Claims Administrator in this "pump and dump" securities
The Audit Committee of this public company retained Kapila and Company as consultants
to investigate certain transactions, management conduct and alleged misstatements
in previously issued financial statements.
S.E.C. V. CREATIVE CAPITAL CONSORTIUM, LLC, ET AL
K&C was retained as forensic consultants by Jonathan Perlman, the Receiver in this SEC case. CCC and its principal, George L. Theodule, perpetuated a Ponzi scheme and raised multi-millions of dollars from thousands of inventors in the Haitian-American community nationwide through a network of purported investment clubs.
VS. A.B. FINANCING & INVESTMENT, INC.
Kapila & Company was retained by the S.E.C. as forensic consultants and experts
to assist in the financial analysis of investment and cash transactions in order
to assist the SEC in quantifying the loss incurred by the investors.
LANCER OFFSHORE RECEIVERSHIP
K&C has been retained by the Federal Court appointed Receiver in this substantial hedge fund operation to serve in the role of Testifying Expert.
CONSULTANT TO SEC, FTC & FEDERAL COURT APPOINTED RECEIVER/TRUSTEE
Kapila & Company served
as accountants to the S.E.C., F.T.C., and Federal Court appointed
Receivers and Trustees in the following:
• S.E.C. v. Creative Capital Consortium, LLC, et al
Federated Title and Trust, Inc.
• Aubrey Lee Price, PFG, LLC
• Commodities OnLine, LLC
• American Precious Metals, LLC
• Timeshare Mega Media and Marketing Group, LLC
• Fereidoun "Fred" Khalilian and TheDolce Group Worldwide, LLC
• Pacific Northwestern
• International Capital Management, Inc.
• World Corp.
• Securities & Exchange Commission v. Homeland Communications Corporation,
Frances M. LaBarre and Joseph Yurkin (Defendants) and Oak Tree Escrow
Corporation, Luna Pazza, Inc., SMR Acquisitions, Inc.,
SMRDevelopment.com, Inc., and Global Survey Corporation
• Medco, Inc.
• Transamerica Wireless Systems, Inc.
• Intercontinental Telecommunications Co.
• Comcoa, Ltd.
• Junction Financial Corporation
• Hawa Corporation/Hawa Communications, Inc.
• SunState FX, Inc.
• World Class Limo
• Internet Capital Consultants, Inc.
• Phoenix Investments, Inc. f/k/a Phoenix Financial Groups, Inc.
• Federal Trade Commission v. Inspired Ventures, Inc., Jesse Alper and Victor
• Associated Record Distributors
• Casino Gaming Factory
• Get Answers, Inc.
• Federal Trade Commission vs. Nationwide Connections, Inc., Access One Communications, Inc., Network One Services, Inc., Willoughby Farr,
Mary Lou Farr, Yaret Garcia, Erika Riaboukha and Qaadir Kaid
• Securities & Exchange Commission vs. KS Advisors, Inc., KS Condor Partners,
Ltd., II, Damian Partners, LLC, Scott Fine and Kevin Boyle
• Securities & Exchange Commission vs. Edward S. Digges, Jr., Nexstar
Communications, LLC, TMT Equipment Company, LLC, TMT Management
Group, LLC, POSA, LLC, POSA TMT, LLC, Televest Group, LLC and
• Gary F. Gieseke, MD, PA
• Securities & Exchange Commissions vs. Robert E. Lane, Wealth Pools
International, Inc. and Recruit for Wealth, Defendants, and T-N-T Education
Company, Inc., Richard Lane, Mundo Trade, Inc. Renee Becker, Julia Lane and
First Fiduciary Business Trust, Relief Defendants